The need of high quality water is perennial across the board, be it domestic, bottling, industrial or just drinking purposes. The rise in the requirement of these has mandated the increase of the worldwide production of these systems, all over the world the demand for reverse osmosis system is in such a stage that never before. Just the mineral water industry exceeds 42million liters per annum. At the same time, just in USA per capita per annum requirement of mineral water141 lit as compared to India's 0.5 Liters Per capita per year. Looking at this there is a tremendous growth prospect for mineral water industry in India. As per market research the demand for pure drinking water will go on increasing. From March 2002, Ministry of Health, Govt. of India has announced new bottled water standards. It says that almost all bottled water plants would be based on reverse osmosis technology. In the Year 2005-06, WASMO, Gandhinagar and village pani samiti together starting install the R.O. plant for community people of village with approved grant of government. (90:10) in various schemes.
Some of the significantly important uses of RO Water are as below::
- Earlier, DM plants were installed to provide feed water for kidney dialysis plants in hospitals all over India. Recently, The Journal of Indian Medical Association recommends the use of RO water for Kidney dialysis units.
- When RO water is used in poultry farm for the raising of chickens, it is found that growth time was reduced by 15% and the life span and survival rate was increased significantly.
- When RO water is used for laundry purpose, less detergent is required to wash the clothes. RO water helped to preserve color fastness, brightness, softness of the material.
- Restaurants can install RO plants and serve complimentary mineral water to their customers. This will help in the growth of their business to great extent and is extremely cost-effective.
- If RO water is used in green houses to feed plants, it will reduce the growth time, less fertilizer is required and fertility of the ground will be improved. Soil quality is preserved and does not deteriorate over a period of time.
- Water does an excellent job during cooking food. If you are using normal saline water for cook your food, than the food need more spices, it is dull in color, using more inflammable energy etc. And if suppose we use Mineral water for cooking you save your money as well as time like saving of spices, savings of inflammable due to less time to cook food and most important is the color of your food is shining. Health authority Studies show that 10 percent of urban water source in India are contaminated and 80 percent of human diseases are water borne. Rising population along with unplanned industrial growth has led to natural resources getting highly polluted.
- In Metal plating industry RO water improves the quality of plating, saving precious energy